EXTRAORDINARY UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!!
Are you an energetic undergraduate or graduate student who’s seeking an incredible internship program? If so, this may be the perfect internship for you! Keep reading to learn more about this great opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
About Delaware North
A global leader in hospitality and food service, Delaware North is one of the largest privately-held companies in North America. The company has a strong reputation in its industries – hospitality, food service, travel and tourism, retail, gaming and entertainment -- with more than 100 locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom. Visit www.delawarenorth.com.
Internships at Delaware North
Delaware North provides a fun, fast-paced and friendly environment for its interns, offering students an inside look on working for a global hospitality company. Internships are paid and can be completed for academic credit! Opportunities are available at our global headquarters in Buffalo, N.Y. -- an iconic, 12-story glass walled structure on the corner of Delaware and Chippewa. The headquarters integrates the latest advances in environmental energy conservation and office design and features cutting-edge technology. Picture yourself here in this brand new, modern office space with access to state-of-the-art systems and learning from an extraordinary team!
- Semester internship dates: January 29th 2019-April 26th 2019
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Pay: $12 per/hour for undergraduate students
$17 per/hour for graduate students
- Must be a current student in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
We are seeking a graphic design focused undergraduate intern to support our in-house creative studio. Work alongside our team of talented designer’s as you learn and develop in a studio environment mixed with a corporate culture of operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops concepts, design and layouts for assigned graphic projects with Delaware North’s creative studio.
- Ensures that the given creative look and voice for each season is applied to all projects and that the marketing objectives are communicated visually.
- Designs pages that are accurate, consistent and follow the creative brand standards.
- Coordinates projects up to production ready.
- Participate in the Art &Style project process.
- Support development of deliverables and presentations related to Art & Style
Required Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate perusing their degree in graphic design / communication design
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Monday through Friday typical work schedule. 8:30AM-4:30PM
- A portfolio is required when interviewing for this position
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.