The Graphic Designer develops and produces beautiful and effective layouts, compositions, advertisements, identities, etc. for agency clients. Using design software on a Mac OSX platform, Graphic Designers support the Creative department by applying a combination of design and creativity, technical precision, and speed to their creative assignments. Graphic Designers are selected and placed into their position by a Creative Director and the Managing Director of Creative Services. This role operates under direct supervision with the manager providing hands-on guidance and leadership on the majority of job duties. Incumbent follows specific, detailed instructions or operating procedures. Tasks are routine in nature. Solves problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Produce excellent designs for clients, both creatively as well as effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to, print, digital, outdoor, and collateral.
- Demonstrate knowledge of printing techniques/requirements for developing print-ready mechanical files.
- Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization, versioning control, job slugs, and more.
- Proficiency with image manipulation, color-correction, scanning, etc.
- Execute work orders using common paste-up techniques, such as using adhesives for mounting presentation materials, and using the Repro Room service for binding and output.
- Seek out new design perspectives and bring ideas and innovation to the agency.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Possess a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or 2+ years experience with an advertising or design company.
- A strong portfolio of design that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat on a Mac OSX platform.
- Knowledge of file format types, such as PDF, TIF, EPS, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc. and how to create/edit them.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.