We are a growing custom sign and graphics company looking to add to our awesome team. Sign designing is an important part of our sign business. We are looking for the right person with a sign design background who can easily move into this position with little direction and wants to be part of a team that wants to achieve meeting goals.
Our newest team member has a positive attitude with a desire to perform at their best. The new member of our team will also have the ability to quickly understand the scope of the job and can produce results in a timely manner. They are detail oriented as well is a quick learner. They have the ability to problem solve and work independently. They are organized and have a strong work ethic.
If you are a graphic designer with at least (3) years of Sign Shop Design Experience and your qualification matches what we are looking for then we would be interested in discussing with you the possibility of joining our dynamic growing company of 24 years.
- Design signs with appropriate descriptions
- Provide technical drawings for construction as needed for permits
- Producing directory drawings
- Design sign packages for residential communities
- Keeps current on new products/ materials and methods
- Has a understanding of how signs will be made and installed
- Communicates with design/ad agencies when necessary
- Works with purchasing/ Estimating departments and Subcontractors
- Maintain design dept. computer & filing system
- Stay up with ADA requirements
- Communicate with clients and vendors as needed
- Growth minded and desire to learn
The Graphics Designer will be expected to work effectively as part of a team. They should therefore be able to demonstrate the skills and attitudes necessary to fulfill the relevant role, which include:
- Be able to identify situations where teamwork is necessary and the appropriate composition of the team
- Graphics Designer should demonstrate the attitudes and abilities necessary to work effectively in a team, aiming for excellence in client care
- Demonstrate leadership where appropriate
- Have the ability to share information
- Show respect for, and understanding of, other professionals
- The ability to effectively occupy different roles within a team as required by the situation
- Strong ability to communicate to all other departments
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment. Must work well under timelines and be assertive in handling conflicts. Must have excellent communication, verbal and written, customer service, attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree and at least (3) years proven, successful Sign or Graphics experience and would be able to demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw and Photoshop.
Good follow up and good attitude is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
- Illustrator: 3 years (Required)
- Sign Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Houston, TX (Required)