IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking, creative Graphic Designer with experience in Packaging Design to join our team. Applicants are enthusiastic about beauty and visual storytelling, highly organized and attentive to detail, and has a strong creative portfolio focused on brand development and packaging. Flexibility and the ability to adapt, learn quickly, and take direction are key to success in this role.
Are you able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage time efficiently, work on multiple projects concurrently, present and defend concepts and ideas to business partners, and communicate exceptionally well? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and evolve packaging and design for new in-house brands from beginning to end
- Develop brand identity, including typography, photography, graphic and brand standards, and produce packaging structure designs that meet brand aesthetics while showcasing and protecting the product
- Ability to create compelling, disruptive yet elevated design work
- Concept and ideate product designs (primary packaging) in line with business needs and market trends
- Collaborate with Product Development, Product Marketing and in-house Creative teams to create highly engaging designs across various consumer touchpoints, including site, app, social and IRL experiences
- Strong focus on social/e-commerce when it comes to packaging design
- Think outside of the box and demonstrate knowledge of competitive landscape and trends
- Create mock-up samples for costing, concept approval, and presentations
- Work within budget and on time with cross functional partners across Operations, Marketing and Product Development
- Present creative work in a variety of settings: 1:1 with manager, in small or large groups to different teams
- Work cooperatively with cross-functional partners to achieve business objectives
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Graphic/Visual Design preferred
- 3+ years of visual design experience focusing on brand development and packaging, digital ads, print collateral
- Online portfolio showcasing past work and design ability (required), to demonstrate great design and layout skills and well-developed typography skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Understand differentiated, innovative packaging and how to design packaging for a mobile-first world
- Keen understanding of current trends in beauty, fashion, design, pop culture and emerging technologies
- Passion and ability to learn new skills and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable under pressure and disciplined with time management and organization
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work creatively with people across multiple departments
- Personal desire to keep up with current design trends, standards and standard methodologies
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.