Department: Tech Special Projects
Summary: Translations.com is looking for a well-rounded Graphic/UI Designer who is familiar with the growing Web 2.0 landscape and desires to contribute in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to create designs, concepts and mock-ups. You must have strong working knowledge of HTML5/ CSS3 and should have a solid portfolio of web application design. Also, demonstrate a solid understanding of layout principles and esthetic design in a business-oriented, large-scale environment.
Description: As a Graphic/UI Designer, you will participate in the entire Software Development life-cycle. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Generating user flows diagrams and wireframes.
• Working with a cross functional team to develop user interface mockups and prototypes.
• Create design guidelines which guide future developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience.
• Envision and create an array of icons, glyphs and any other visual elements needed for the fulfilment of each project.
• Evaluate usability by testing to ensure great user experience.
• Work with other in-house design projects.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent) is required. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
• 1-3+ years developing business-facing web applications.
• Strong HTML5/CSS3 and design experience, including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6+, Quark Xpress and other creative software.
• Strong understanding of Color Theory Principles and Typography.
• All candidates must have portfolio
• You must have a great attitude that enjoys working in a close, highly energized, team-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication and listening skills, both verbal and written are a must.
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
• Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
• Meticulously detail oriented.
• Knowledge of Axure, Balsamiq or similar prototyping tool.
• Knowledge of responsive web and/or mobile design.
• Knowledge of animation and motion graphics production experience.
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired.