Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking a Graphics Designer for our Plantation, FL office that will support the entire Florida division. This role will create graphics for all aspects of corporate marketing including proposals, presentations, advertising, conferences and trade shows, promotional items, direct mail campaigns, newsletters, corporate invitations, brochures, internet and intranet site development and miscellaneous corporate events. Cross-trains with department associates to support marketing/business development efforts at times of high demand.
- Responsible for design and production of all proposal and presentation graphics (including 3D modeling, proposal layout and graphics, presentation design and production).
- Assists Director of Communications with design and print coordination of all corporate identity and collateral materials.
- Assists with design of intranet and web site.
- Provides innovative solutions for visual communications which can replace or enhance narrative documentation.
- Cross-trains department associates in graphics for assistance at times of high presentation demand.
- Assists Business Development Coordinator with proposal preparation at times of high demand.
- Coordinates with team on design and production of trade show display graphics.
- Manages use and archiving of project photos.
- Bachelor s degree in Graphic Design, Art, or a related field.
- 2 or more years of experience in a graphic design role required.
- Solid work experience with photo editing, page layout and presentation software.
- Some modeling or animation software experience.
- Able to read blueprints and architectural documents.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation communication software. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- A/E/C marketing or graphic design experience, helpful.
- Able to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results.
- Able to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Exhibits commitment to quality, manages by data, and participates as a team player to meet/exceed internal and external customers needs.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines, occasionally in the face of incomplete information.
- Calm under pressure; perseveres in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Able to create, manage, and revise schedules and related assignments based on priorities of assigned projects.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, it values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.