Greater Ohio Virtual School -GOVS
Greater Ohio Virtual School-website
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Greater Ohio Virtual School TutorJob Description
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Demonstrates knowledge of major functions of a computer
- Strong character and ethical standards
- Possess commitment to continuous improvement concepts
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted
- Ability to maneuver stairs
- Pass criminal background check
General Duties: A tutor’s duties are to provide students with instruction and curriculum support outside of the classroom supporting them to be productive and successful. A tutor will assess and evaluate the status of student’s work and make recommendations to the teacher of record when necessary. The tutor will be committed to continuous improvement concepts.
- Student contact by means of voice mail, e-mail, or face-to-face, or electronically.
- Evaluate student’s work and provide feedback to teacher of record and school administrators.
- Provide guidance to student for reporting student concerns about technical or curriculum problems.
- Keep orderly and accurate records.
- Report to program any discrepancies, errors, or problems inherent to the computer programs.
- Participate in staff development.
- Maintain required certificate(s) and/or licenses(s).
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance at scheduled sessions.
- Perform all duties in conformity to the adopted Board Policy.
- Display professional appearance
- Perform in a professional manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for educators and students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible adult.
- Help to instill in students and staff the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or nonprescribed controlled substances while engaged in work or work-related activities throughout his/her employment as a virtual teacher.
- Observes and adheres to all OSHA rules or work place regulations when engaged at on-site activities.
Additional Working Concerns:
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
- Possible operation of a vehicle under inclement weather conditions.
- Possible interaction among unruly children.