Job Title: Grill Cook
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
The Grill Cook prepares, plates and garnishes all hot appetizers and entrees.
- Sets up work area, equipment and utensils.
- Reads tickets processed through the POS system.
- Prepares items ordered through the POS system according to recipe book.
- Maintains safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Rotates products according to FIFO principle.
- Covers, labels, dates and stores prepared products.
- Maintains high standards of personal hygiene in compliance with local health ordinances.
- Cleans work area, stores utensil, disassembles and cleans equipment.
- On occasion, the Grill Cook will need to operate the dish machine and may be required to prepare salads and raw product for the use on the cook's line.
- Follows all health, safety, sanitation and security standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Grill Cook must be well groomed and neatly dressed in a clean uniform. See employee handbook for a complete description of the dress code for the back of the house employee. Grill cooks must wear a chef's coat.
The Grill Cook will be required to engage in the following physical action for up to an eight-hour shift:
The Grill Cook will be required to lift up to 50 pounds. The Grill Cook works under extreme time pressures to complete orders, considerable dexterity is required. The fryer station entails working with shortening heated to 350 F. The broiler station entails extended periods of work over open flames.
The Grill Cook is exposed to heat, moisture, smoke and cleaning chemicals used in the kitchen.
The Grill Cook engages in extensive verbal interaction with co-workers and is exposed to potentially frustrating situations. The Grill Cook must work well with limited supervision.