Accurately and efficiently prepares a variety of hot and cold menu items following recipes, customer requests, and food safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and stocks stations with all necessary ingredients and supplies
- Follows a written prep sheet to prepare all required items for service
- Follows all recipes and specifications
- Minimizes waste
- Maintains a clean and sanitary working environment
- Ensures high food quality
- Follows all sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with team members and customers
- Safely and accurately handles equipment, smallwares, supplies, and tools
- Ensures all systems are adhered to such as Line Checks and shelf lives
- Ensures that schedules are followed unless directed otherwise by management
- Fully supports all company decisions and directives
- Ensures that food is delivered in a timely manner
- Maintains an organized grill area, kitchen, walk-ins, and storage
- Maintains and cleans equipment
- Follows company cash handling policies and procedures
- Follows all sanitation and safety policies
- Maintains valid state and local food handlers and alcohol certifications when applicable
- Advises Restaurant Manager/ General Manager/ Regional Director of any non-routine situations
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Must have knowledge of cooking techniques and equipment
- Must have knowledge of sanitation and safety procedures
- Must keep work areas and food storage areas clean and safe at all times
- Must be respectful of all customers, managers, team members, and vendors
- Must have all required state and local certifications
- Must have a calm and friendly demeanor at all times when interacting with customers and team members
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be service centric
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to run and maintain the dishwasher
- Must be available to work a variety of opens, swings, and closes including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lb.
- Must be capable of constant walking, standing, and repeated stooping
- Must have manual dexterity and be able to reach hands and arms in all directions and be able to perform twisting motions with wrists.
- If you need any accommodation to enable you to perform essential job functions, please notify us
Verbal and Reasoning Requirements
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to co-workers and managers. Must be able to engage in two-way conversation with the customer on the floor. Must have the ability to read and/or follow verbal instructions and implement the same. Must be capable of applying common sense and understanding to carry out oral and/or written instructions. Must understand and adhere to service standards.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job under the described conditions with or without reasonable accommodation.