Position Purpose: To perform duties of rough grinding process or the finish grinding process of rods which may include troubleshooting, set up and general maintenance of machine.
Summary of Primary Duties:
The incumbent is responsible for a variety of straightforward, routine duties in the assigned department or work area related to the manufacture and assembly of product. The incumbent participates in the company’s quality initiatives including, but not limited to: TS/ISO certification and maintenance of quality systems in place. The incumbent participates in the company’s safety programs by ensuring a safe and clean working environment, timely reporting of any safety violations, timely reporting of any workplace incidents or injuries, and effective housekeeping.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Removes raw rods from the screw machine and places into auto-feed hopper.
- Sends ground rods to the plater or the production line, per work order specifications.
- Performs routine quality checks on rods using test equipment ensuring minimal defects
- Prepares SPC charts and other production records as needed
- Maintains equipment
- Operator will train on operating all the equipment on the rod grinding line. Will also train on the Thielenhaus and Surfina superfinishers. May need to move between the grinding and finishing machines as production requirements dictate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required (if outside hire).
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use measuring equipment ensuring specifications are met.
- Able to work independent of direct supervision
- Advanced problem solving skills
Lifting, carrying, pushing items up to 50 #s; standard levels of concentration; must concentrate on instruments, control panels, etc.; must react to rapid change. Significant periods of standing and/or walking. Repetitive motion; Exposure to noise, temperature extremes, humidity, dust, dark, hazardous chemicals, and materials.
The incumbent is required to wear the following PPE in designated areas:
1. Safety shoes; 2. Eye protection; 3. Hand protection; 4. Hearing protection