Responsible for all phases of our grinding dept. including but not limited to the Blanchard, CNC Centerless, conventional Centerless, Between Centers, Surface Grinding & Honing operations. The operator must have the ability to set-up and operate each of these machines.
Capable of performing the normal daily grinding assignments with direction, as needed, from the supervisor.
Check out our video to see what it's like to work at Jergens: https://youtu.be/UVkHTp6OH54
The following is an outline of the basic duties and responsibilities of the above-titled position. It describes the duties and responsibilities in the broad scope and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual(s) in this position may, from time-to-time, be assigned other duties as appropriate.
• Has a basic understanding of our company’s grinding operations and procedures; communicates effectively with co-workers and internal customers; and performs assignments in a timely and efficient manner while meeting customer quality expectations.
• Has a basic understanding of all phases of our grinding dept. including but not limited to the Blanchard, CNC Centerless, conventional Centerless, Between Centers, Surface Grinding & Honing operations. Seeks assistance, as necessary with unfamiliar situations
• Is able to set-up and operate all grinding department machines with assistance as required from the supervisor. Demonstrates the ability to learn to successfully perform assignments and operate equipment of increasing complexity
• Understands the proper use of grinding wheels and their care.
• Determines the number of passes and the speed of the wheel according to industry standards.
• Is able to properly use all required inspection equipment including but not limited to digital mics and indicators, profilometers, comparators.
• Performs the most complex tasks in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and inspects product to verify that it meets customer specifications
• Communicates effectively with internal company partners in performing assigned tasks. Seeks assistance, as necessary, to resolve more complex issues in an effective manner.
• Keeps the supervisor aware in a timely manner of any issues needing the supervisor’s involvement.
• Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
• Observe good housekeeping and safety habits
Required Skills and Experience
• High school education is required. Has the necessary training to be proficient in the position.
• Through related experience has demonstrated the skills and ability to be an effective grinding employee with the company
• Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively with others to meet customer needs
• Ability to perform basic math calculations such as decimal/fraction conversions and reading measuring tools.
• Must have manual dexterity to handle small objects as well as large objects and the ability to maintain mental concentration while performing repetitive work.
• Has basic computer skills and is proficient with all related company systems and programs
• Has basic analytical and problem solving abilities to meet the requirements of the position
• Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands
• High energy with a sense of urgency in responding to customer needs
• High level of personal and professional integrity
• Is committed to the company’s values
• Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports.
$14.97 - $19.79 /hourWhat is this?
Grinder / Sharpener
Grinder / Sharpener