Splish, splash FIDO needs a bath. Are you up for wet wagging tails and flying suds? If puppy breath and painted poodle toenails make you smile, then come work in our neighborhood!
As a Groom Tech at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your workday, you will:
- get nose kisses from a neighbor’s wet springer spaniel
- encourage a bulldog to “gimme the shake!” and celebrate the resulting shower
- have a serious discussion with a beagle about the disadvantages of chasing a skunk and believe he totally understood you
- help a terrier look and smell fantastic for his big date with the poodle next door
…all while engaging with our neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a superhero with a flea comb and a slicker brush? No, you are more than that. You are PAWsome.
Groom Tech key responsibilities include:
- Delighting Neighbors and pets with grooming services, such as brushing, bathing, and trimming nails.
- Always ensuring the wellness and safety of furry patrons.
- Developing long-term relationships with Neighbors by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy.
- Performing routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting.
- Successfully completing Safety Training certification.
- Assisting store team members during grooming downtime.
PAWsome Groom Techs candidates will have:
- Experience in retail or other industry working with pets, but not required.
- Ability to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to review videos and take tests online.
- Flexibility in working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Candidates must pass a drug screening (in applicable states) and validated selection test and be at least 18 years old.
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 500 locations in 34 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 46 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2019 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.