Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Goodyear is excited to present this newly opened opportunity to work for the Goodyear Blimp team and travel the country with the airship and crew. This important role will be responsible for maintaining the ground support equipment, making sure it stays operational, and implementing repairs when required. Because it is a very team-based group, the mechanic that will thrive in this role will be agile, flexible, collaborative, and will enjoy hitting the road with crew for various PR engagements throughout the year. Team-oriented and technical. There’s a focus on preventative maintenance, ensuring that the ground support vehicles and equipment are in top shape, so that all blimp support is fully functional and crew travel is safe and seamless. The ideal candidate will be able to come in and take responsibility for managing spare part inventories and documenting all maintenance activities for all ground support equipment. He/she will also be responsible for working with the GSE shop & mechanics, assuring operational readiness of all ground support equipment.
- The Ground Support Maintenance Mechanic will work in conjunction with other blimp team members to ensure that all Airship operations run smoothly and efficient, both at the base and on the road (usually up to 100 days/ year).
- Required to troubleshoot and maintain electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and power plant systems. Will be required to input, extract, and interpret data and parameters into and from digital circuits, and be required to use a multimeter, megger and other electronic test equipment. Ability to read and understand electrical & structural drawings. Required to maintain vehicles. This will include scheduling for maintenance, repairs, DOT Inspections and servicing as needed.
- Should have experience working on diesel engines. Responsible for oil changes as well as heavier repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all helium purification and compression equipment, and for maintaining all equipment used to remove and replenish helium into the airship, hoses, blower motors, and nurse bags.
- Will maintain spare parts inventory for all ground support equipment as well as maintaining all MSDS logs for all airship equipment ensuring they meet all DOT regulations.
- Most importantly, will be a team player and participant in all general crew duties & responsibilities at the direction of the Manager of Ground Crew Operations. This includes pressure watch on the airship on rotating shifts, ground handling activities for launching, operating, and landing the airship, driving airship support vehicles including semi-trucks, mast trucks, other commercial vehicles, and industrial vehicles, occasional basic cleaning & facilities upkeep, as well as coordination with Public Relations, media & public relations events, and any other general needs for sustaining safe operations at the direction of management.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associates Degree in a related technical field and ASE Certifications preferred.
- 2 years of equipment maintenance experience.
- 2 years of electrical experience.
- 2 years of hydraulic experience.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Technical reading and writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills required in function of position, (Lotus notes, Internet, MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and blueprints, be able to work with the tools associated with it.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, capable of working in a team environment.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment:Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance, Mechanic, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations