A specialized position providing daily hands on turf and grounds maintenance in the Property Services Department, scheduled approximately 19 hours weekly not to exceed 999.9 hours annually.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides maintenance of Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove gardens and grounds, providing quality maintenance primarily to outdoor spaces around buildings, turf and trails.
- Performs hands on turf maintenance tasks such as mowing, edging, string trimming
- Performs irrigation maintenance
- Performs soil preparation for sodding and seeding, seeding, fertilization and turf installation
- Works as part of a team installing new plantings and seasonal change-outs as needed
- Operates typical turf maintenance and landscaping equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Performs equipment maintenance and general shop cleaning and organization
- Effectively communicates with supervisor and coworkers
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision
- Coordinates positively with the Supervisor, and communicates needs for materials and equipment to complete the task at hand.
- Follows positively the directions given by the Supervisor. Discerns when assistance is required in making routine decisions regarding the best way to proceed in a particular situation.
- Committed to the implementation of the Safety Program as it regards to safety practices and only uses equipment on which training has been received.
- Committed to wear personal protective equipment and read all material safety data sheets for any chemical used on the job.
- Committed to wearing safety belts in the use of all kinds of vehicles.
- Work as a team member with fellow staff members in such a way that is edifying and encouraging for the good of the department.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge
- Performance of work with the highest degree of quality and workmanship
- Knowledge of the operational use of typical turf and landscape equipment maintenance tools, and safety equipment pertinent to the kinds of work performed
- Knowledge of turf maintenance practices such as mowing, edging, and string trimming
- Perform pesticide and herbicide applications with minimal supervision
- Preferred two years post high school education in Horticulture or related field or four years’ experience in Horticulture or related field.
- Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management practices
- General knowledge of and ability to follow the policies and procedures of the BGEA.
- General knowledge of the property in order to communicate positively with the business public and emergency personnel
- Ability to work as needed - a flexible schedule is required
- Ability to be very mobile in and out of a vehicle in order to perform maintenance and project operations
- Heavy lifting and long periods of strenuous activity are required in this position.
- The ability to drive a vehicle
- The ability to receive direction from various people in supervisory and management positions, and focus this direction into appropriate action, while communicating back to the Maintenance Supervisor
- The ability to work outdoors in all seasons of the year.
- The ability to work in bad weather conditions as warranted.
- Employees filling associate positions, are allowed to work up to 1,000 a year (calendar/sequential) and is not offered any benefits.
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Statement Of Faith
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Expectations For Ministry Employment
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
- I understand that BGEA has the right and the responsibility to ensure that its Christian religious purpose is carried on with the highest standards and is not harmed or impeded by conduct that is inconsistent with the Bible, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, its Christian religious purpose, or its policies.
- I understand that any of my conduct which is not in keeping with the scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies, is inconsistent with BGEA’s Christian religious purpose.
- I understand that if my conduct is determined by BGEA to be inconsistent with its Christian religious purpose, the result will be corrective action up to and including termination from employment.