Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with overall general property maintenance including some service requests, upkeep of grounds, make-readies and general community upkeep/repairs.
- Focuses primarily on curb appeal of community, grounds outside of community as well as common areas, amenities, pet areas and garage.
- May include some small make readies items such as cleaning of apartment, checking that appliances are operable, lights/fixtures/plumbing are all in good standard, paint is touched up and presentable, AC filters and smoke detector batteries are changed/working correctly, Bathrooms are in good condition and not in need of resurfacing trim/baseboards are not scuffed and presentable. The above duties are general duties and further instructions from the Maintenance Supervisor will be considered in this description.
- Assists in ongoing preventive maintenance program in accordance to Madison Marquette guidelines.
- Assists in compliance with Hazard Communication Program, including Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), labeling, storing and handling of materials, etc.
- Assists with the identification of safety procedures, equipment and protective clothing requirements.
- Responds to emergency on-call service requests when scheduled.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience with multi-family properties.
- LEED building experience, preferred.
- HVAC, EPA & CPO certifications required.
- Basic knowledge of computer.
- Onesite Software knowledge a plus.
- Smart home knowledge is a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from team members and vendors.
- Basic knowledge of machinery, electrical, plumbing, and painting disciplines.
- Proficient in the English language
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Work unsupervised, prioritize tasks and effectively plan each workday to accomplish tasks.
- Inspect and maintain community for show ready condition for leasing.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, dependable, responsible, flexible and professional.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Climbing is applicable to ladders, roof areas, stairwells, etc. The employee is routinely required to work on air conditioning and electrical related equipment and panels.
The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to operate an automobile for after hours on-call duty and obtaining parts, errands in repair aspects of building. Must be able to move freely throughout the property, including moving up and down stairs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- High School or better