AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defense industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
The Repair & Engineering business unit is comprised of four operating units: Heavy Maintenance (Hangars), Landing Gear Services (LGS), Mobility and Engineering Services (ES). There are approximately 3,000 employees across over ten locations, primarily in North America. The R&E group contributes significantly to the overall financial performance of AAR.
The R&E CFO is a key role within the company. This individual will partner with the business unit leader to help drive profitable growth, return on investment and cash management controls. This position reports to the AAR VP Financial Operations as well as to the R&E Senior VP/GM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the finance and accounting organization to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Ensure financial results comply with AAR Accounting Policies and GAAP.
- Ensure the proper internal controls environment is in place and operating effectively for the R&E organization.
- Strategically partner with the R&E Sr. VP/GM, as well as business unit GMs and controllers, to drive growth and improve operational efficiencies within the business.
- Lead the annual planning process which includes setting financial goals for the organization and defining actions to achieve these goals. Financial goals primarily include Revenue, Operating Income, Free Cash Flow and Invested Capital.
- Lead R&E month end close and forecasting process. Continue to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Develop various ad hoc financial reporting and analysis to properly monitor and control the financial performance of the business.
- Provide leadership guidance to expand ROI through efficient deployment of capital investments, working capital and resources.
- Prepare and / or review for reasonableness the financial models prepared in support of new business expansion.
- Support valuation and modeling for potential M&A activity.
- Ensure that approval of new contracts and investments are in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Review relevant industry and market information to form an understanding of the current and future operating environment to provide key insight to the organization.
- Collaborate with corporate finance functions as needed to effectively carry out above responsibilities.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically and influence business decisions using appropriate fact-based financial information
- Technical competency with US GAAP accounting standards
- Ability to partner with the business leaders to identify innovative and creative solutions to complex transactions
- Ability to identify and implement new ideas to improve processes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate financial information to non-finance people
- Ability to manage and develop professional support staff to maximum utility
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required; MBA and / or CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of directly related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Lawson and Hyperion
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, PTO, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please click "Apply Online" at the bottom of the page.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Wood Dale
Overtime Status: Exempt