GERONIMO HOSPITALITY GROUP
A collection of really cool places that push the boundaries of hospitality.
WHO WE ARE
With access to a world-class gym, full service spa, certified instructors and a state-of-the-art facility, beFitness is revolutionizing the fitness industry with our dedication to long term success through personal coaching, individual commitment and producing real world results.
WHO YOU ARE
Under the direction of the Director of Fitness, you are responsible for providing creative, inviting and encouraging group exercise programs while maintaining a safe and effective learning environment and focusing on providing the best customer service and hospitality to all members and guests.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide a wide variety of classes to a discerning fitness population
- Ensure classes are of the highest quality of content, safety and physical challenge
- Present innovative, entertaining and fun classes
- Remain open and attentive to the changing fitness needs of the membership
- Deliver an exceptional experience to members, guests and associates
- Be on time for all scheduled appointments
- Enforce all club policies
- Assist in the development, implementation and marketing of all club programs
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the fitness club
- Accurately record each day work, the actual time worked and client sessions in the appropriate tracking system
- Active participation in meetings and training programs. Attend club sponsored developmental or educational seminars and programs
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment
- Interpret and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change
- Make professional development a consistent priority
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication and social media
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Experience & Education - Current Group Exercise Certification – ACE, AFAA, ACSM or equivalent. Specialty specific certification required for format taught (i.e., Yoga, Pilates, Les Mills, etc.). Current CPR/AED Certification
Policies and Regulations — Knowledge of company policies
Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling the club and its services
Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information
Technology – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by be FITNESS and regulatory agencies. Ability to develop tracking and report forms in Word and Excel as needed
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays required.
- Position requires public contact.
- This position deals with outside personnel such as clients on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email.
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors as site visits are necessary. However, extreme environmental conditions do not exist.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Sitting and standing is as needed.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Individuals must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations as well as being able to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
United States (required)