GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Part of a team responsible for the preparation, planning, and delivery of group exercise fitness classes.
- Interpret, communicate, and promote Y mission, goals, and objectives to department employees, volunteer leaders, members, and the community.
- Support branch/department initiatives related to membership retention and Annual Giving goals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Assist in the marketing of group exercise and related programs.
- Provide appropriate instruction on proper form and exercise techniques.
- Teach fitness class from a plan consistent with established format.
- Encourage YMCA members to meet their own determined wellness goals through regular contact, incentive programs and relationship development.
- Begin and end classes on time.
- Direct movement in a clear, loud voice, making adaptations for participants of varying fitness levels.
- Maintain all group exercise equipment.
- Check the facility for safety and cleanliness. Report all problems to supervising Coordinator or Director, and ensure the facility is left in good condition upon conclusion of session.
- Maintain certifications as required by the position.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Responsible for the success of the group exercise programs in accordance with the goals of the YMCA of Roanoke Valley. Reports directly to the Wellness Director/Group Exercise Coordinator, and keeps him/her informed of plans, progress, and problems. Accountable for assisting management with the delivery and marketing of fitness class programming.