Plans, instructs, and leads members participating in group fitness programs; ensures the proper maintenance of fitness center exercise and audio equipment; demonstrates proper exercise techniques; assists members by answering questions about Club4Fitness and promotes repeat attendance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this position description.
- Prepares choreography and instructs members in various level of group fitness techniques; provides feedback to participants regarding their performance level.
- Maintains order and control over members participating in group fitness activities.
- Obtains, maintains, and secures fitness and audio equipment in compliance with acceptable standards to ensure the long life of equipment.
- Protects the Club4Fitness interests by observing and preventing potentials for liabilities due to injuries; ensures the safety of all participants.
- Ensures members submit printed ticket for each class attended to document class attendance and appropriate membership type.
- Provides excellent and courteous customer service to members; maintains awareness of and promotes all group fitness activities; encourages continuous attendance.
Performs other related work as required
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Various Fitness Equipment
- Audio Equipment
- General Office Equipment in order to view and/or change schedules and report attendance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or G.E.D.
one year of experience leading a specific group fitness program,
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certification relevant to fitness class being taught
- CPR Certification
- First Aide Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a specific group fitness program.
- Knowledge of effective communication and motivation practices.
- Ability to motivate members.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to implement and enforce program policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with clients.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Ability to perform duties with a combination of frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Physical effort required associated with walking, running, standing, and moderate-to-advanced level cardio activity.
Work is performed in a normal fitness center environment where there are physical discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.