Group Fitness Instructor AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Writes group exercise techniques that are appropriate for the fitness level of scheduled class.
- Instructs the group exercise classes with clear and concise instruction, easy for the participants to follow.
- Instructs each class within ACSM (“American College of Sports Medicine”), AFAA (“Aerobics and Fitness Association of America”) and ACE (“American Council on Exercise”) guidelines and ensures participants avoid any injury-prone exercises.
- Maintains active certification in a recognized certifying organization, such as ACSM, AFAA, ACE, Les Mills or similar organization. Stays current with trends in group exercise through attendance at workshops, reading professional journals and networking with other fitness leaders.
- Instructs classes in accordance with CHWC policies and procedures and maintains a friendly and safe environment.
What You Will Need:
- High School Graduate
- BLS and AED Certification required upon hire
- Group Exercise certification required upon hire
- Land instructors must be certified through ACE, AFAA, ACSM or have a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
Reporting to the Fitness Programs Coordinator at the CREATION Health Wellness Center (CHWC) at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills (FHZ) instructs land and/or water group exercise classes for the CHWC members and guests. Instructs classes based on safe, appropriate and acceptable exercise movements and programs in a group setting. Class instruction will comply with nationally recognized certification standards.