•10% shift differential for all 2nd shift positions•
POSITION SUMMARY: The Group Home Behavior Technician provides direct support to people with developmental disabilities who exhibit acute challenging behaviors in a clinically-driven Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) residential program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages, trains, transports and supervises the activities and functions of all individuals in addition to maintaining the home/day program in a safe, clean and healthy manner
• Assists individuals in occupational, recreational, vocational and therapeutic programs including, but not limited to, off-site day program/work area/locations
• Assists individuals in the independent management of his/her affairs, which may include , but are not limited to, personal hygiene, meal preparation, clothing maintenance, personal health maintenance, money management, household maintenance, employment habits, recreational activities and/or other duties or responsibilities which provides/assists the individuals to live in a caring environment
• Implements and documents all documentation assigned and required including, but not limited to, skill development, behavior management/behavior support plans, emergencies, habilitation plan, maintenance, reinforcement schedules, token economies, pictures schedules, etc.
• Attends weekly clinical meetings to review and discuss program affairs
• Serves as a member of the team by adhering to all current policies and procedures of the facility, as well as, participating and promoting a home-like environment for the individuals
• Cooperates with Elwyn New Jersey and the State of New Jersey Department of Human Services, or any other authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation
• Maintain certifications and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
• Performs other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator (BCBA). In the absence of the Program Administrator, reports to the Weekend Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Including but not limited to parents/guardians, New Jersey Department of Human Services/Division of Development Disabilities (DDD) case manager, consultants, supports coordinators, physicians, clinical services, Elwyn administrative and management staff.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, certificate and/or associates degree preferred in related field
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities with the focus on behavioral services. Experience in a related field or with people with developmental disabilities may be substituted on a year for year basis (2 years) for the associate's degree
• Experience working with individuals with acute behaviors
• Previous knowledge /training in areas of applied behavior analysis or one (1) year applied behavioral strategies, including, but not limited to, reinforcement schedules, token economy programs, picture schedules, etc.
• Previous knowledge/training with individuals who utilize augmentative communication devices
• Must become a Registered Behavior Technician within six (6) months of date of hire or transfer
• Must be available to attend weekly staff meetings
• Must cooperate with Elwyn New Jersey staff, the Department of Human Services staff, or, any other authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
• Must possess good customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
• Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn New Jersey will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
behavioral health, ABA, TSS, behavioral support, direct care
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled