Job Title: Group Leader - Distribution
Department / Company: Midwest Regional Service Center / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Logistics Division is responsible for supporting our customers, manufacturing plants and global affiliates through their warehousing and Service Centers across the United States. They support all aspects of our business throughout the supply chain, including the final orders to our customers. Our motto is “Perfect Orders Every Time” and we strive to exceed our customer’s expectations through a flexible and agile workforce.
The Midwest Regional Service Center is our largest facility and is based in Ada. In addition to supporting the warehousing and fulfillment operations, as the Group Leader you will also provide leadership to our distribution staff, consisting of approximately 40 full time employees. The team you will lead is comprised of an experienced, customer focused staff.
How you would contribute to the role:
This role will provide you with the opportunity to lead the team on 3rd shift. You will manage the day to day warehousing operations and order fulfillment pick, pack, and ship. Areas you will oversee include receiving, inventory control, replenishments, fulfillment and a hand assembly operation. You will focus on production for 3rd shift and process improvement initiatives.
This will include training, motivating and providing feedback to your team to drive continuous improvement and improve operational efficiency. In addition, you will mentor a Team Leader on this shift, and assist in their development and growth as a leader.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- 3 to 5 years work experience with leadership exposures in a distribution environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- Functional knowledge of Red Prairie or other WMS, WCS, and WFM technologies.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives, including 5S, Lean, Six Sigma are desired.
- The ability to relocate for growth opportunities to other geographic locations will be desired.
- Bilingual with Spanish language skills helpful
This role is “Not” eligible for Sponsorship.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs