JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
JCC Greater Boston is seeking energetic and enthusiastic Group Leader/Educator to create happy, supportive and memorable experiences for children in grades K-3 who are attending the JCC Greater Boston Discovery After School Club. The Group Leader will:
- supervise and interact with children - helping with homework, initiating and instructing in fun games, social activities, physical activities, outdoor play, free play and gym games
- fostering creative and vibrant classrooms in a safe and enriching environment
- helping the children develop positive social skills and interactions
- develop and assist in implementing new program activities
Additional responsibilities include:
- escorting children to and from enrichment programming
- communicating effectively with the Director of Discovery Club/Youth Programs Specialist, Site Coordinator and team staff
- maintaining daily attendance records
- addressing behavioral concerns with the Site Coordinator
- ensuring compliance with Early Education & Care (EEC) policies and regulations
Schedule:Tuesdays (12-6pm), Wednesdays (2:30-6pm), and Thursdays (2:30-6pm), with option for additional hours.
Position will run from September 3, 2019 - June 25, 2020.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizenship, residency or work visa
Bachelor's or Associates degree
High School diploma or equivalent
Experience with K-5 children
3 months experience
6 months experience including 3 months of supervision in a child care program
Nine months experience including three months supervised experience at a school age child care program
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and sprits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today's Jews and the people in their lives. It's an exciting time for the organization.
This position is part of the Family Engagement and Jewish Life group. JCC Greater Boston's Department of Family Engagement and Jewish Life is dedicated to supporting children and families through unique programs and services via formal and informal experiences. Programming connects to Jewish life and identity as well as the visual and performing arts, sports, recreation, personal well-being, parenting support, and community building.
In September 2019, the JCC Greater Boston will open a brand-new family wing as part of the all new Winn Family and Wellness Center. The space includes three new program areas as well as the Playspace, a 2,500 square foot area designed for kids ages 0-8 years old to explore both gross motor and creative play.