Provides supervision and leadership to the production work groups and team leaders on the modified shift with a typical working schedule of 5:30pm to 2:30am. This position is responsible for adherence to safety policies, developing and mentoring people, improving processes, reducing costs, quality assurance, training, on-time delivery, and employee engagement.
Responsible for performing short to mid-term planning for budget management, project coordination, leading improvement activities, and supervision of production team members/shift day-to-day activities. This position will coordinate and/or participate in safety, quality, delivery and cost improvement projects. Other areas of responsibility include development of team leaders, support of new product launches, development of standardized work procedures and finding innovative solutions to issues.
Works with cross functional teams within the plant and organization to meet goals and objectives, establishes a reciprocal environment within the shift, and a strong working relationship with other shifts for the success of the department and plant.
- Lead and promote a dedicated approach to ensure a safe working environment
- Participate in the selection process of Team Leaders
- Promote 5s activities
- Complete required audits
- Lead, promote, and support continuous improvement activities
- Plan and facilitate lean manufacturing activities
- Utilize visual aids for reporting and continuous improvement
- Apply data analysis tools
- Appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel with planning to ensure production requirements are met at lowest possible cost
- Participate in the training of new team members
- Observe and coach team members on work related issues
- Prioritizing departmental activities
- Develop Team Leader skills
- Develop, revise, and adhere to standard work
- Delivery schedule attainment
- Support new product launch efforts
- Oversee Team Member vacation time and record absenteeism
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- You will possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field with a minimum of five years supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Deeply strong team leadership and cross-functional interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong development/mentoring background.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with high a degree of reliability and self-reliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
Delta Faucet Company of Tennessee
Full or Part TimeFull time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.