Tenneco has recently acquired Federal-Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Group Lead to join our Kettering, OH manufacturing facility. This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations and product flow of multiple machining centers, assembly operations, grinders, and plating systems. The Group Lead will provide direct supervision of assigned hourly employees. Other responsibilities include instilling a positive culture of environmental health and safety, providing outstanding quality systems, and scheduling preventative maintenance. This person will report to the Focus Factory Manager and will become a valued member of our manufacturing team therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Facilitate/supervise the efforts of hourly associates.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees by conducting weekly housekeeping audits and working towards the 5S goals.
- Ensure compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Work towards positive employee relations with the department.
- Continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity through BOS brainstorming sessions.
- Confer with other key personnel to coordinate activities of the shift.
- Ensure production schedules are met.
- Manage and monitor the relationship of downtime, changeovers, and process improvements through BOS as it directly relates to quality, efficiency and scrap.
- Utilize Lean principles and BOS processes at the cell, department, and plant levels.
- Encourage positive and open communication with hourly associates.
- Maintain order and discipline throughout the area of responsibility.
- Work closely with production employees, engineering, and quality to assure parts of specifications are in compliance.
- Use structured problem solving techniques and documentation to resolve equipment/process issues, including documenting standardized work procedures as it relates to process and changeover requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Automotive experience is preferred.
- Experience leading a team of 20 or more.
- Ability to assess strengths and developmental needs of employees as well as provide challenging developmental assignments for employees through performance appraisals.
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- Good computer skills including experience with developing spreadsheets in Excel and creating presentations in PowerPoint.
- Ability to work any shift if requested during peak times.