This position is responsible for providing information, sales and organization of all guests interested in bringing groups into the waterpark. The objective is to solicit, develop, and maintain accounts through direct sales efforts and to ensure budgeted financial results are achieved and exceeded. This person is solely responsible for prospecting, booking, and retaining all day birthday and social events that take place in the waterparks.
Any waterpark party, lock down party, or event which has no sleeping rooms element is the focus of this position. This person will have a high profile with guests and act as a liaison with the Sales, Catering, Conference Services, Banquets, Front Office, Concessions/Beverages, Waterpark, and Accounting Departments frequently and In-door Theme Park staff occasionally.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Four-year Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management and/or four-year Bachelor's Degree are preferred but not required. High school diploma or equivalent is required. College course work in related fields or in a hotel is helpful.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Must have reliable transportation.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and speak English. Skilled in oral and written communication is required. Ability to establish rapport with leads, discovers needs, overcome objections and closes the sale. Work with different managers and departments to assist clients. Must have the capacity to manage own time with little supervision.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE: Ability to understand and effectively utilize computer equipment, sales booking systems and Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience and proven success in developing and closing group business is required. Waterpark group sales experience, event planning and related terminology are helpful. Office experience in a corporate or business setting is helpful. Have a broad understanding of the tourism industry and the day-to-day operations of a hotel/resort/waterpark are helpful.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays. Time spent can be dictated by number of clients and groups on property and time of season.
* Ability to move frequently throughout the large facilities.
* Ability to be in stationary position up to 8 hours per day (when attending trade shows)
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
* Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
* Must be able to adapt to a broad range of customer interactions, inquiries, and complaints.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions and statistical analysis.
* Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
* Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
* Maintain regular contact with all existing accounts.
* Identify and develop new accounts through in-house, telephone solicitations and email contacts.
* Occasional outside sales calls each month to local assigned industry accounts are also expected such as Superintendents and Principals of Schools as well as maintaining relationships with other key partners in the marketplace.
* Continually qualify and re-qualify all new and existing accounts.
* Follow up on all leads and inquiries.
* Cross-qualify all accounts for potential lead referrals to other Kalahari properties.
* Fully understand and promote all property marketing programs.
* Maintain a minimum sales call and sales activity pace and booking activity in accordance with established goals.
* Fill out call reports for all calls completed and forward appropriate copies to Director of Sales for review.
* Participate in civic events/organizations that promote business and Kalahari Resorts recognition.
* Submit required reports to Director of Sales on a weekly, monthly, annual basis as requested.
* Assist in ensuring completion of all forms within the department (call, lost business, weekly recaps, contracts, proposals, banquet event orders, etc.)
* Assist with sales, group packages and special promotions.
* Maintain market promotions and guest promotions.
* Prepare wristbands and other Kalahari guest collateral for incoming group's registrations.
* Create and supply group summaries to appropriate departments.
* Answer incoming calls in the sales office and greet guests when needed.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Periodically assist with monitoring account files and provide annual file audits.
* Develop and implement yearly and monthly sales action plans.
* Prepare budgets and projections for assigned groups.
* Participate in weekly sales and staff meetings when requested.
* Solve, rectify and mediate all guest complaints and maintain guest complaint reports.
* Supply all requested information to the guests regarding the waterpark.
* Consistently act in accordance with Company's management relation's philosophy, strategy and procedures as well as Company policies and procedures and department SOP's.
* Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all market segments, waterpark and hospitality terminology and sales techniques.
* Participate in the Daily Promise meetings, to ensure optimal communication between entire staff.
* Understand all duties of Sales, Catering, Conference Service, and Waterpark Teams and assist when needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled