Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01332055 Date posted 07/09/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
It is an exciting time to join the WPB MRO Engine Center within Aftermarket Operations at Pratt & Whitney! Our GTF Aftermarket repair facility in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for business-minded and enthusiastic Materials and Planning Specialist to join our team. The newly transitioned WPB GTF MRO DAT (Disassembly Assembly Test) facility is positioning to become a major contributor in support of the PW1100G-JM flying fleet and we are looking to fill this critical leadership role with someone that enjoys a challenge and wants to make a career within the company.
This role will be responsible for performing material planning and scheduling, coordinating internal and external repair management, teaming closely with the production and inventory control planner, along with detailed coordination with 3rd party logistics, while operating in a Bargaining Unit environment. In addition, the M&P Specialist will also provide supplemental support to Gate 2 operations, and provide guidance necessary to assure a continuous improvement culture is developed. The preferred candidate will also support shop turnaround time, elapsed turnaround time, inventory management, and COPQ.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a leader within the GTF MRO materials team while integrating seamlessly with the Operations and Quality leadership.
- Ensure all production activity meets established quality standards and cost estimates.
- Support implementation of processes, performance metrics, and trends to drive increased performance and production cycle time.
- Work with Finance and Engineering to support integrated value stream solutions.
- Be a part of a responsive and adaptive culture where cross training, teamwork, and knowledge sharing is apparent.
- Aid in the development of budgets, forecasts, succession planning, and strategic development.
- Support Pratt & Whitney and UTC EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives driven by the ACE operating system.
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields of study include Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Finance
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You have a minimum 2 years of experience in Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Materials or Supply Chain
- Advanced Degree or MBA is preferred
- You have more than 3 years' general purchasing, expediting and production planning experience within the Aerospace or Gas Turbine Aftermarket industry
- Familiarity with Aftermarket engine disassembly and re-assembly process and repair station environment is helpful
- Exceptionally well organized with analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects / priorities simultaneously a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Extremely adaptable to changing priorities with ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- You're an effective decision-maker with superb time management skills, excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- SAP MRO Solution and Engine Booking and Induction System (EBIS) experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms