Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
This position is for a full-time security guard at Draper in Cambridge, MA.
- Stand or sit at a fixed post or serve as a roving detail guard.
- Monitor CCTV and access control systems.
- Monitor and respond to alarms from various systems including access control, environmental health and safety, physical plant and fire panels.
- Receive and respond to emergency calls from employees. Dispatch guards, safety personnel, maintenance personnel, EMT's and HAZMAT teams as required.
- Operate baggage screening equipment, walk through metal detector, handheld metal detector and various other duties associated with the screening of visitors and record keeping.
- Conduct after-hours patrols of Draper facilities. Responsibilities include walking designated tours encompassing the interior and exterior of Draper buildings in Cambridge and elsewhere. Identify and report security, facility or safety related issues such as leaks, smoke, fire, abnormal temperature conditions, suspicious individuals or activity. Conduct additional security related duties as needed.
- Check badges of incoming employees and contractors as well as issuing badges to visitors who have been vetted through Visitor Control.
- Escort visitors and contractors as required.
- Ensure that company and personal property is signed in and out of the facility as required.
- Full-time schedule may include weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years previous security, military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- S. citizenship and eligibility to obtain a U.S. TOP SECRET security clearance required.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods required. Ability to climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and act professionally in a stressful environment required.
- Strong computer skills required. Knowledge of DSX Access Control Software preferred.
- Experience with walk-through and handheld metal detector, x-ray machine and bag search preferred.
- First Responder, CPR or AED certification preferred.