Peraton is seeking a Guard in Yuma, AZ to enforce regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
What you’ll do…
- Patrol assigned areas to deter unauthorized entry, protect government property, and perform entry controller duties
- Exercise judgment and uses discretion in dealing with emergencies and security violations encountered
- Determine whether first response should be to intervene directly, to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority
- Receive specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas
- Participate in basic aerostat operations, including (but not necessarily limited to) launch to flight altitude, recovery from flight altitude, aerostat snubbing, snow removal, inflations, and deflations
- Use personal computer, printer, and other general office equipment
- Drive company vehicles observing all operational and safety policies and procedures, as well applicable state mandate regulations, including proper permits and license requirements
- Perform activities in exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather
You’d be a great fit if…
- You can obtain and maintain a position of Public Trust which requires US Citizenship
- You’ve spent at least 2 years in a security position
- You have graduated from High School
- You have a valid US Driver’s License
- You can fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- You are able to perform shift work when needed
It’d be even better if you…
- Have a demonstrated track record of being efficient on personal computers, printers and other general office equipment
- You love working in exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
Work requires the ability to perform the following physical activities to include, but not limited to: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting. Work may require walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time.
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and be able to show proof of U.S. citizenship and U.S. residency.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.