Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Montage Kapalua Bay is recruiting for a Guest Reception Manager to join our team: Set beachfront atop picturesque Kapalua Bay, this 24 acre-resort is the ideal destination from which to enjoy all of Maui. At Montage Kapalua Bay, you will feel embraced by genuine island hospitality and authentic culture. At every turn, the spirit of Hawaii merges with your own to create pono — a true sense of balance and harmony — as you relax and enjoy all-suite accommodations, inspired cuisine, championship golf, water sports, and a 30,000 square foot Hawaii inspired spa.
Duties include, although are not limited to:
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Montage standards are being applied.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department associates.
- Ensure all Concierge Services, Front Office and Guest Services quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Ensure all associates are being mentored, coached, and developed. When interacting with any associate or guest adhere to Montage’s philosophy.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and management of the Front Office, Concierge Services, and Guest Services Departments. Focusing on identification of strengths and weaknesses and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Responsible for sales to guests through the Guest Reception Desk (Front Office) and any actions taken by the incumbent that can impact on volume of business. Responsible for direct link between effort expended and decisions made and revenue generated by Front Office (performance indicators are sales, units, growth, turnover, etc.)
- Have control over the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses and has the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Responsible for promoting the product and services to the targeted customer/guest group. Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, merchandising activities.
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest. Able to make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product and ensuring consistency in its delivery and standards.
- Provide support of a specialist nature to the Front Office Manager and other Department Managers. Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Operate the departments within Montage policies as they relate to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice and local laws and regulations.
- Responsible for direct oversight and accountable for the following areas: Guest Reception, Guest Services, and Concierge Services.
- Ensure open and productive relations with all residential unit owners, including management of rental program operations thru Opera PMS.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Resort operations, its services, and facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to facilitate effective interface with culturally diverse hourly and management Associates, vendors, applicants and the public at large
- Impeccable employment references for meeting or exceeding set goals and business objectives, as well as personal character references.
- Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Resort environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the Resort on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Two to four years’ experience in Front Office/Housekeeping/Guest Services, including at least two years management experience in a luxury hotel, required.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as firstname.lastname@example.org.