Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston’s Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street.
The Guest Relations Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Guest Relations. The primary focus of this position is to drive consistent Five Star experiences for our most discerning and VIP guests via a highly engaged team that is committed to delivering on processes and procedures. They are also empowered to deal with complaints from guests and should assist all associates to create moments of magic.
The performance of this position effects guest satisfaction and an impression of the service the Hotel provides. This impression can lead to repeat business and reputation enhancements.
To serve the guests in a Five Star manner. Assure highest quality of the Department by working in an efficient and conscious manner, as well as, maintaining and developing the highest service standards possible.
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt attention from pre-arrival to departure.
- Have extensive knowledge of the product and services available.
- To ensure that all guests especially those of VIP status receive utmost attention and to maximize their satisfaction during their entire duration of stay.
- To ensure that all arriving and departing VIP’s and regular guests are greeted and that introductions are made.
- To give information and promote all in house facilities and promotions
- To liaise, cooperate and coordinate with all departments to achieve high standards of service and guest satisfaction.
- Review arrivals for the next ten days on a daily basis
- To prepare and distribute daily the Daily VIP list to the necessary teams.
- To coordinate the complete preparation of all associated services for arriving VIP’s, including, but not limited to, ensuring room is ready; amenities are in the room, etc.
- Arrange as many introductions with our VIPs as possible via phone calls, emails, text messages, or in person.
- Inspect the rooms for our highest tiers of VIPs
- Deliver on the hotel’s loyalty program
- Update Guest profiles in Opera (PMS) with any preferences and observations.
- Deal with guest issues in an appropriate and a thorough manner from the initial complaint to the resolution.
- Log guest issues in Alice and Opera and communicate issues as appropriate.
- Develop relationships with a variety of local vendors, which include, and are not limited to, restaurants, night clubs, museums, theaters, sports venues, ticket agencies, etc.
- Be familiar with all the courier companies and their charges
- Aid in the smooth operation of the car service, and to ensure that information is passed to airport representatives for all arriving and departing VIP’s
- Have an in depth knowledge of what Greater Boston (and New England) has to offer in regards to a variety of experiences our guests may be interested in.
- Focus on the Customer. . . Seek to understand the guest and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the Company.
- Attention to Details . . . Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
- Take Responsibility . . . Demonstrate personal ownership to tasks and follow through to get the required results.
- Apply Professional, Product or Technical Expertise . . . Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
- Foster Teamwork . . . Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Communicate effectively . . . Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Attend meetings as required
- Ability to consistently “go the extra mile”
- 2 years of Front Office/Guest Relations Manager experience in a luxury hotel required
- a 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations preferred.