- Acts as a liaison between guests, staff and patients to respond to all information inquiries.
- Acts as central information resource for Owensboro Health staff, patients, and guests.
- Receives, screens, routes, and/or responds to all incoming telephone and information inquiries.
- Greets all guests and provides proper directions, instructions, and information based upon guest needs. Escorts guests to destination as needed.
- Maintains nourishment stations, waiting rooms, and consultation rooms.
- Maintains centrally accessible resource materials (phone books, quick references for supplies), to provide correct information to inquiring guests and staff.
- Enters work orders and orders supplies.
- Receives and processes visitor comments and complaints. Audits for improvement initiatives.
- Arranges for patient and visitor transports. Communicates codes, alerts, drills, and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
- Processes guest comments and concerns. Reports feedback to recognized departments and consults Patient Representatives as needed. Audits for improvement initiatives. Survey readiness training and support.
- Makes rounds throughout department offering appropriate services to staff, guests, and patients.
- Stocks appropriately/maintains the following areas in the ED: Lost and Found, PPL Alcoves, Pediatric Novelties, waiting room supply cabinet.
- Must be able to perform all job duties for each Guest Relations-Point of Entry position. These areas include: Front Lobby, Emergency Department, and Out Patient Surgery.
- May monitor tube system and handle medications in accordance with medication safe handling practice.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Certified as a Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider preferred. LIcensed Emergency Medical Technican (EMT) strongly preferred.
- None required.
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and works under minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. Specific duties and responsibilities consistent with the general nature and level of work described may vary by department and additional related duties may be assigned as needed. Some duties listed may not apply to all areas.
Additional Position Related Details
- Populations Served
Training is provided relevant to the population served, based on scope of care of the service assignment.
- Physical Requirements
Activity and Frequency:
- Bending/Stooping - Never
- Climbing - Never
- Keyboard Data Entry - Frequently
- Kneeling - Never
- Lifting/Moving Patients - Never
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 0-25 lbs - Never
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - 25-75 lbs - Never
- Lifting/Carrying (Non-Patient) - over 75 lbs - Never
- Pushing/Pulling - 0-25 lbs - Never
- Pushing/Pulling - 25-75 lbs - Never
- Pushing/Pulling - over 75 lbs - Never
- Reaching - Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements - Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements - Never
- Running - Never
- Sitting - Frequently
- Squatting - Never
- Standing - Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Audible Speech - Frequently
- Hearing Acuity - Frequently
- Smelling Acuity - Never
- Taste Discrimination - Never
- Vision: Depth Perception - Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Far - Frequently
- Vision: Seeing - Near - Frequently
Owensboro Health is committed to providing a safe working environment including training and access to person protective equipment necessary to this position. While performing duties of this position, occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens is present for all employees.