ONE Lodging - now part of Aimbridge Hospitality
To learn more about us, please visitwww.onelodging.com.
A Guest Service Agent will ensure that the highest standards for service, safety, privacy and comfort are maintained for all guests of the hotel. Working from the front desk which is the 'nerve center' of the property, they will respond promptly to guest requests and will coordinate with the Guest Services team and with other departments in performing a variety of tasks that ensure a consistently positive guest experience, from pre-arrival to point of departure and beyond.
- Greet, acknowledge and welcome guests according to company service standards.
- Engage each guest as unique individuals; Anticipate and listen attentively to their needs and requests. Establish proper methods of payment and follow procedures for cash handling.
- Perform friendly, efficient and accurate check-ins and check-outs.
- Answer all telephone inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist guests with reservations, both over the phone and in person.
- Run and review required daily reports to ensure each shifts run smoothly.
- Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report and follow up on any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Anticipate and follow through on guests' service needs.
- Support other departments and fellow Guest Service Agents, as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Maintenance Director, Sales Director and other leadership team members.
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in an operational service environment is required.
- Previous hotel industry work experience is highly desired.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form.
- Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
- Ability to adhere to expectations and standards for friendliness, speed, quality and efficiency.
- Willingness and ability to support fellow team members in reaching departmental goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced 2 environment.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.