The Urgency Room, operated by Emergency Physicians PA, offers a new and better way to receive unscheduled medical care. We provide great care to patients 365 days a year, the casual position may include a variety of shifts including some weekends and holidays. We offer a team-oriented, comfortable work environment on a flexible basis.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about providing a positive experience as the first point of contact for our patients entering the clinic.
What is a Guest Coordinator and what do they do? Patient Registration role is primarily responsible for greeting patients and their families and providing an exceptional customer service experience for the patient throughout their visit. This position will also be responsible for obtaining demographic and billing information; patient co-pay collection and claim follow up. If this sounds like a position you are interested in, apply now!
Providing exceptional customer service while greeting and accurately registering patients. This position is responsible for collecting demographic information, verifying insurance coverage, collecting co-payments, and past due balances (when applicable).
- Accurately and efficiently register new and existing patients in Excellian, electronic health record system
- Verify and document insurance information in patients’ medical record
- Taking a high volume of inbound calls and medical record requests from surrounding clinics and hospitals
- Assist in financial counseling of patients who have delinquent accounts or are uninsured. Initiates discussion regarding payment options and self-pay policies
- Greets and assists patients by serving as an interface between patient/family and the clinical area
- Communicate all pertinent information to patients and families regarding wait times and status updates
- Any and all other duties assigned
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Customer service experience preferred
- Previous experience in a healthcare facility preferred
- Sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time
- Working with diverse groups of patients with various degrees of illness
- Clinic setting
- Meet annual performance evaluation objectives
- Support employer’s mission at all times
- Actively participate in all department-related meetings and training's
- Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Demonstrates professionalism by exercising sound judgment and creativity and by representing the department in a positive manner
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of the position and people in the position.
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Hospitality Front Office Manager