Openings as of 9/20/2019
- Guest Services / Guest Experiences Ambassador (Seasonal)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Phoenix, Arizona - Phoenix Zoo
- Arizona Center for Nature Conservation
Job Title: Guest Services / Guest Experiences Ambassador
Department: Guest Services / Guest Experiences
Supervisor: Guest Services and Experiences Manager
FLSA Status: Part -Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Class Code: A11
Guest Services and Experiences Ambassadors provide front line guest service. They must be able to make a good first impression on our guests. Computer, guest service, and cash handling experience a plus. Guest Services responsibilities include selling admission tickets, selling memberships, validating tickets, stroller and wheelchair rentals, helping school groups, and providing general Zoo information. Guest Experiences responsibilities include selling admission tickets for Zoo activities, validating tickets, providing general Zoo information, operation of retail experiences including: Carousel, Camel rides, Stingray Bay, 4-D Theater sales, Safari Cruiser, Polar Slide and other seasonal experiences as needed.
- Provide excellent guest service to zoo guests and employees by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance and assist in creating value for each individual guest.
- Maintain exceptional standards for guest service, cleanliness, and physical appearance within all locations of the Zoo.
- Communicate clearly with guests and staff over phone, radio or in person.
- Receive and respond to guest inquiries and complaints, problem-solving in a friendly, helpful, positive, and professional manner.
- Communicate any safety or operational concerns to supervisor.
- Monitor the public ensuring the safety of guests and animals, including; looking for prohibited items, assisting with crowd control, and communicating with rangers regarding situational concerns.
- Work with and assist in training of new Ambassadors as needed following skills evaluation.
- Serve as a liaison between both the Guest Services and Guest Experiences departments and all other departments in the Zoo.
- Greet and provide directional information to guests and members and respond to their inquiries and requests with current and accurate information.
- Operate computers and registers to sell admission tickets and experiences.
- Scan and track ticket, wristband and group tally counts at points of entry.
- Perform all functions necessary for the processing and rental of equipment including; operating computers/registers, process credit card and cash transactions, review applicable rental contracts and educating guests on safety guidelines and proper use of the rental equipment and monitor guests’ behavior.
- Wash and maintain the integrity of rental fleet and tag any broken equipment.
- Sell and validate tickets, communicate pricing and discounts, and promote current activities and upcoming events.
- Operate computers and registers to sell experience tickets and packages.
- Scan and track ticket, wristband and group tally counts at each venue.
- Educate guests on safety guidelines and proper use of the rentals and rides and monitor guests’ behavior.
- Provide service to guests needing assistance with the rides and experiences.
- Guest service experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with guests of all ages through good listening skills, friendliness, enthusiasm, and a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace working environment.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays and school breaks.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, up to 15 hours.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, twist at the waist, push, pull and periodically lift up to 50 pounds 4 feet off the ground.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Experience working with computers and familiarity with Galaxy POS and/or Blackbaud Altru ticketing/scanning systems a plus.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug test.