Delaware North operates the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Bringing to life the epic story of the U.S. space program, offering a full day or more of fun, inspiration and educational activities, including the new Astronaut Training Experience®, Heroes & Legends, featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®, Kennedy Space Center Tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket, Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Shuttle Launch Experience®, IMAX® films, Astronaut Encounter, Rocket Garden, and more.Position Details
Working with Guest Services Managers, supervises the following areas: Ticketing, Entrance, Information, Parking Cashiers, IMAX Ushers, SLE Ride Operators, Presenters, AV Operators, Bus Loaders and other Service Agents.
- Respond to and resolve guest concerns.
- Ensure daily operation and maintenance requirements are met during the shift.
- Ensure crewmembers are performing daily responsibilities as assigned. Prioritize assignments as needed.
- Ensure proper care and cleaning of all Visitor Complex facilities and grounds by appropriate staff.
- Ensure control and accountability of equipment and supplies.
- Interview, train, supervise and develop guest services staff.
- Assist in the development of the department budget and monitors payroll and controllable costs.
- Responsive to staffing needs based on visitor volume.
- Provide the necessary resources and information for staff.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the ticketing system, information/entrance operation.
- Ensure that management reports are completed and distributed.
Education: Associate's Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience, in a related field required. Previous customer service experience.
Skills: Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Computer literate in windows based programs. Self-directed and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the business.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.