Under the general supervision of the Guest Services Lead, Assistant Managers, Aquatics Managers and the Aquatics Director this position is responsible for operating a clean, safe, and organized area, per the guidelines of New Albany Parks and Recreations and the Health Department, while providing excellent customer service and a positive work environment for our employee's. This position shall work in both the ticketing booth and concessions stand.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
"*" denotes an essential function of the job
- *Knowledge of basic math; ability to handle money with accuracy.
- *Operate basic office equipment.
- *perform routine maintenance of concessions, party room, deck area, restrooms and surrounding areas to ensure cleanliness organization and safety.
- *Accurately take and prepare customer(s) order.
- *Ability to prepare food orders as required.
- *Maintain and keep a clean and organized work area.
- *Maintain inventory and stock items as necessary.
- *Collect fees and memberships from the public for admittance.
- *Follow New Albany Parks and Recreation and Health Department rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, co-workers, and the public.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Maintain City information in a confidential manner.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in daily tasks.
- Be a motivated self-starter.
- Work independently and to be accurate, efficient and organized.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment.
- Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently.
- Life and/or move 5-10 pounds frequently.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
working environment and conditions
- This position requires working in the internal & external environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends and holidays will be required.
- The position involves being in an environment with recreational equipment.
- The position involves working in the elements of seasonal weather.
EDUCATION, Experience and TRAINING
- Must be 16 years of age of older.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- A pleasant, friendly, and outgoing demeanor.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned.
- Ability to successfully complete CPR/First Aid, AED & Bloodborne Pathogens certification.
equipment and Tools
- Concession stand, ticket office, and peripherals.
- Food preparation & cooking instruments
- Multimedia devices
- General cleaning supplies
Applicant may be considered for a Guest Services Lead or other Parks and Recreation positions