Arizona Substitute Teacher Certification or Arizona Teacher Certification.
In the absence of the classroom teacher, the guest teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment.
- Follows professional practices consistent with school district policies in working with students, students' records, parents and colleagues.
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school district policies.
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Acts in a professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/division policies and practices.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year, employee benefits in accordance with Board policy.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.