An immediate need for a skilled and motivated Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer to join our IT team in Jacksonville, FL. In this role you will provide technical consulting and support on Guidewire PolicyCenter. You will act as a technical resource in the many phases of the development and implementation process. You will conduct code and design reviews, develop code, unit test and sign off on technical specifications including design documents, functional designs and requirements. Knowledge of estimation process and participation is required. You will provide on-call production support assistance in addition to defect resolutions (planned and unplanned). All development will follow Service Oriented Architecture patterns.
- 5+ years of current experience developing Java J2EE applications.
- 2+ years of current experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter is preferred.
- Proven experience with Upgrades, Conversions, and adding large / new Claim functionality is a plus.
- Mainframe experience is a plus.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise-level projects involving cross-departmental teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to live and work full time in Jacksonville, Florida
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Education or work experience equivalent to a four-year degree in an Information Technology related discipline.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 22+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland.
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
Robotics/Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.
Peterson Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off
Software Developer / Engineer