Job ID: 146067
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Assists gunite crew with set up and break down of jobsite(s) to include protection of the environment, and the surrounding real property. Provides basic physical labor associated with the placement of concrete, including shoveling / removal of rebound.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while preforming all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards and established principles of structural concrete.
- Assists gunite crew with placement of plastic to protect area surrounding equipment and work areas.
- Assists gunite crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and equipment
- Works to insure that the finished product meets the architectural specification(s)
- Assists gunite crew with placement of concrete and rebound removal as directed by the crew foreman.
Skills and Job Knowledge Level:
- 1+ year(s) of prior construction or concrete related experience
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction industry
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform heavy manual task under varying weather conditions.
- Basic understanding of the fundamental principles of structural concrete
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. The Preferred Materials Region includes; Preferred Materials Asphalt & Construction, Preferred Materials Concrete & Building Products, and Conrad Yelvington Distributors.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.