Northwestern Medicine West Region has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced gynecologic oncologist with interest in program leadership in a tertiary care community-based setting. The Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group (RMG) is seeking a BC physician who is fellowship trained in gynecologic oncology and is interested in focusing his or her practice in leading and expanding a strong community based program. The current program is offering patients access to cutting edge minimally invasive and radical surgery, chemotherapy, clinical trials, as well as complex benign gynecology, preinvasive and high risk screening, survivorship, sexual health and life style-focused clinics. Experience with and interest in clinical research, clinical trials through pharma and cooperative groups, and outcomes-based research would be welcomed. Advanced laparoscopic and robotic skills are preferred. Ideal candidate has a strong interest in adding to a well-established gynecologic oncology program in the western suburbs, joining the staff at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital (NMCDH) and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital (NM Delnor).
The role is supported by the following gynecologic oncology program infrastructure:
- Joining an experienced gynecologic oncologist and a multidisciplinary team that includes radiation oncologists and pathologists with subspecialty interest and experience
- Team also includes interventional radiologists, hematologists, surgical oncologists, thoracic and breast surgeons, general surgeons, urologists and urogynecologists as frequent collaborators
- Cancer program has dedicated palliative medicine specialists and support staff including GYO nurse navigator, genetic counselors, dietitians, social workers, financial counselors, physical therapists, pelvic floor and lymphedema specialists, and access to LivingWell Cancer Resource Center
- Committed inpatient and outpatient physician assistant and nurse practitioner support
- Multidisciplinary GYO tumor board that meets weekly with teleconferencing between 3 cancer centers located in the West Region
- Main cancer center campus includes Chicago Proton Center (only proton center in Illinois)
- Access and opportunity to participate in cooperative group and industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Dedicated surgical ICU, with 24/7 intensivists and 24/7 hospitalists
- Advanced technology including 2 Xi daVinci robots, PET/CT, 640-slice CT scanners
Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group is the premier provider of healthcare services in Chicago’s west and northwest suburbs, with more than 600 primary care physicians and specialists. Our team works together to provide excellent patient care and exceptional patient experiences using models that follow best practices in outpatient and inpatient settings. RMG offers competitive compensation and benefits within a physician led work environment.
Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 10 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities throughout Chicago, the suburbs and northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care. Our vision and values are deeply rooted in the idea that patients come first in all we do. We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work.
For more information, please contact:
Beth Walker, BSN, RN