HADOOP / CLOUDERA SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, HEALTHCARE ANALYTICS
ALTA IT Services has an immediate, 6 month + contract opportunity for a Hadoop / Cloudera Administrator with proven past experience in setting up, maintaining and optimizing Big Data clusters in high availability, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance testing and Development) environments.
The position will be based in Reston, VA. Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship. The selected candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Our customer, a respected health insurance provider, has recently set up a brand new Enterprise Data Foundation (EDF) layer to contain Healthcare Payer information to support business strategic, tactical reporting/analytical needs to meet the business capabilities, and the business strategy. Big Data (Cloudera) is one of the major EDF components to host the data lake and other informatics data storage needs.
The resource will work with Solution Architects, Infrastructure Architects, Lead Big Data Architect/Engineer, Big Data Supplier, Developers and Project Managers to expand existing environments, build new clusters, maintain existing clusters and support development teams.
- Provide support for successful installation and configuration of new Big Data clusters across various environments
- Provide support for successful expansion of Big Data clusters across various environments
- Provide day to day Big Data administration support
- Work with Big Data team, Infrastructure Architect, Change Management team to support configuration, code migrations of Big Data Deliverables
- Looks to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team, including Data Preparation and Transformation and Data export and synchronization
- Act as a Big Data administration liaison with Infrastructure, Security, Application Development, Project Management
- Keep current on latest Big Data technologies and products, including hands-on evaluations and in-depth research
- Works with Big Data lead/architect to perform detailed planning, risk/issue management
- 5+ years of administrator experience working with batch processing and tools in the Hadoop technical stack (e.g. MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
- 5+ years of administrator experience working with tools in the stream processing technical stack (e.g. Kudu, Spark, Kafka, Avro)
- Administrator experience with NoSQL stores (e.g. Hbase)
- Expert knowledge on Active Directory/LDAP security integration with Big Data
- Hands-on experience with Cloudera Hadoop Distribution
- Hands-on experience monitoring and reporting on Hadoop resource utilization
- 5+ years of doing data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning
- Hands-on experience supporting code deployments (Spark, Hive, Ab Initio, etc.) into the Hadoop cluster
- 4+ years of experience with SQL and at least two major RDBMS’s
- 6+ years as a systems integrator with Linux systems and shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field and 8+ years of software development/DW & BI experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Healthcare industry experience
- Master of Science in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- ETL solution experience, preferably on Hadoop
- Experience with industry leading Business Intelligence tools
- Near Real Time use case experience
- Solr search experience
** Notes: No telecommuting initially, but position will require 24x7 system administrator support. Remote access will be provided for this, but the candidate is still expected to be on-site for normal business hours work
RATE RANGE: $70.00/hr. to $82.00/hr. Hourly only. Commensurate with experience. Benefits available.
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits available for W2 / C2C OK