About Tech Mahindra:
We are part of the USD 21 billion Mahindra Group that employs more than 200,000 people in over 100 countries. The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, after-market, information technology and vacation ownership.
Tech Mahindra represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology experiences, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise™. We are a USD 4.9 billion company with 121,840+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 935 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. Our convergent, digital, design experiences, innovation platforms and reusable assets connect across a number of technologies to deliver tangible business value and experiences to our stakeholders. Tech Mahindra is the highest ranked Non-U.S. company in the Forbes Global Digital 100 list (2018) and in the Forbes Fab 50 companies in Asia (2018).
To be part of a team that’s involved in developing various upstream and downstream applications and integration within the wealth management business.
On behalf of our client, a top tier investment bank we are looking for Hadoop with expertise in Solr for long term projects the work location is Salt Lake, UT.
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Minimum experience required 10+
As a developer of Search team, the candidate is expected to
- Build solr index pipeline for the bulk and real time indexing of large-scale data sets residing in database, Hadoop and NAS locations.
- Build solr query pipeline and running on the fly aggregation.
- Write efficient search queries against indexes.
- Design, create and manage shards and indexes.
- Use Machine Learning to improve relevancy of search results.
- Prototype and demonstrate new ideas of feasibility and leveraging Hadoop Eco system Capabilities.
- Write Hive scripts to aggregate / transform core data and prepare indexing.
- Contribute to all aspects of application development including design, development and support.
- Take ownership of application components and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed.
- Lead a team of developers.
- Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture processes
- Java & solr with knowledge of Solr
- In-depth knowledge of database concepts
- Proficiency in Java & Solr
- Proficiency in Hadoop and Unix shell scripts.
- Good understand in Apache Solr
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Hive, Impala, and other Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience in Spark and Machine Learning
- Good understanding of RDBMS and SQL
- Source control (preferably Git Hub)
- Ability to write automated unit test cases