Hadoop Engineer - Senior
This is a 6 months contact to hire role
Please do reach out to me as soon as possible
Top 3 - 5 Daily responsibilities
- Responsible for solution technical architecture, logical and physical design of use cases that will be deployed in the big data platform
- Perform cluster maintenance and operation automation and planning Responsible for end-to-end implementation of big data use cases from implementation, testing and deployment to production Work with the Architecture and Digital Strategy teams within Digital Health Technology and other Kaiser Permanente teams to research new technology and development approaches and create practices around them.
- Takes ownership of escalated issues and provide 3rd level support for project development issues
Top 3 - 5 Required Skills
- 2-3 years production experience with Hadoop and related systems including distributed systems and data management
- 5-10 years of experience in development, engineering management and operations including web and application servers, distributed logging, enterprise message busses and enterprise security systems with 5 years in Java programming
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of the entire Hadoop stack including core Hadoop (HDFS and Map Reduce), Flume and Sqoop, HBase and Zookeeper, Oozie, Hive and Pig Experience in deploying monitoring and management for Hadoop cluster
- The candidate must be able to engage in solving complex problems.
- Certified Hadoop developer or Administrator, including 5 years of Java programming.
- Expert knowledge of SQL knowledge a must.
- Good to have advanced data warehousing and MPP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX shell scripting with Linux flavored OS.
- Advanced Linux knowledge is a must.
- Understanding of shell, debugging things etc.
- The candidate should be able to get their way around Linux and get things to work.
- Working knowledge networking and hardware required. Not expecting the candidate to know everything about the computer architecture but they should know enough about different concepts to be able to get their way around conversations and debugging systems.
- The candidate must be able to think at a high level about the overall systems and goals of the customer.
- Must be able to take high-level requirement, ask questions/get clarifications, and get the job done Soft Skills Highly adaptive, quick learner, efficient in multitasking and goal oriented
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines and in challenging settings
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic and systems analysis and complex decision making skills
- Strong oral and written communication and documentation, collaboration and presentation skills
Bachelor's degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178