Location: Odyssey Bedford Office
Reports to: Director of Hanscom-based programs
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Proactively engage with Odyssey’s Director of Hanscom-based programs in order to ensure efficient operations for the portfolio
- Independently manage and document processes, implement process efficiencies the Hanscom-based portfolio will follow
- Track and follow through with action items on behalf of Odyssey leadership, office members and employees
- Assist the Director and staff with daily tasks to more efficiently run the office and program operations
- Act as key integrator between Operations and the Talent Acquisition Department. Assist with coordination and oversight of staffing and recruiting activities: maintain status of open positions; support development and posting of recruiting announcements; notify and interact with subcontractors on staffing decisions; screen and distribute candidate resumes; set up interviews as required; support offer letter development and notifications; participate in job fairs if needed
- Interface with task leaders and Odyssey staff to assure the timely completion of employee annual reviews, Individual Development Plans, mandatory training requirements, etc.
- Act as liaison between Director, employees and Odyssey departments: human resources, finance, contracting, etc.
- Manage overhead expenses, track, reconcile and submit, proactively work with finance department as needed
- Help manage costs against an established budget
- Manage employee use of cost codes, allocation of charges, ex: overhead codes, bank time, base closure
- Proactively report and track the management and burn down of employee compensation time
- Draft, track expenses for, and ensure timely submission of expense reports for Director and staff as needed
- Coordinate communication amongst Odyssey personnel including acting as a Human Resource liaison for employees
- Perform personnel related matters and handle personnel information using the utmost discretion
- Coordinate timely communications between Director, Task Leads, Branch Leads regarding sensitive employee matters
- Facilitate, on-boarding, off-boarding and personnel management for Hanscom-based portfolio of programs
- Maintain employee rosters and databases as related to programs.
- Facilitate the initiation and renewal of Common Access Cards for Odyssey employees
- Conduct newcomer’s orientation for Odyssey employees.
- Assist in scheduling, preparing for and conducting recurring meetings and events to include awards Luncheons and other Odyssey business and social gatherings; develop agendas and presentation materials, arrange meeting/event logistics, etc.
- Actively manage schedules for the Director and Deputy Director and deconflict as necessary
- Coordinate Odyssey support of and participation in industry/association events and conferences.
- Help facilitate office management duties and responsibilities
- Proactively and regularly communicate with geographically separated offices
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to work proactively as part of a small, high functioning team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.