General Manager is the senior business leader in the cafe responsible for upholding all brand standards and core values, while meeting or exceeding Hard Rock’s business objectives. Responsible for asset management of the entire facility, the General Manager is expected to demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to identifying and acting on opportunities and challenges to maximize the business’ full potential in the market.
- Demonstrate the ability to grow the business by generating consistent year-over-year entrée count growth.
- Manage the business in a sustainable manner that meets or exceeds agreed upon financial and other business goals, while adhering to all of Hard Rock’s brand standards and core values.
- Attain a level of top-line sales performance that ranks as #1 in your market place competitive set.
- Communicate a clear direction to your team by understanding the business’ strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Empower your team with a consistent mission regarding cafe goals to achieve desired results.
- Work cross-functionally so that your team executes all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
- Build a highly functional team of management and hourly team members who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the cafe.
- Champion change, ensuring all local and company initiatives are implemented successfully.
- Foster an environment of customer advocacy in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
- Set standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards as determined by an objective ranking systems.
- Be responsive and hospitable to guest feedback from all sources, including social media and email.
- Attract and retain the most exceptionally talented people available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for each management and hourly team member using performance review tools and hold your people accountable for successful performance.
- Actively nurture your team’s development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
- Consistently demonstrate that you have an enduring passion for your own continuous learning and professional development.
- This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant front line operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HRM or Culinary preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for serving people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of business acumen and common sense
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions
- Ability to move throughout the cafe (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.