The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the back of house and kitchen area of the cafe. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that Hard Rock culinary standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the portions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Also, the Kitchen Manager supports the cafe’s senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or exceeding Hard Rocks business objectives.
- Demonstrate financial comprehension of Cafe’s budget and P&L.
- Effectively control costs of food and related purchases in alignment with budgeted expectations.
- Manage staff schedules in accordance with the cafe’s budget and forecast models.
- Maintain the highest standards of brand, local health, safety, and food preparation hygiene requirements.
- Support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
- Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the Cafe
- Develop the kitchen team in all aspects of kitchen execution from 100% recipe adherence to banquet service.
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
- Execute established food standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards.
- Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and food handling practices to deliver optimal quality of product to guests.
- Attract and retain the most exceptionally talented culinary talent available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for the Heart of House hourly team members using performance review tools and hold your people accountable for successful performance.
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined careerpaths.
- Manage a diverse team ensuring a balanced and proactive approach to increasing individual potential across the team.
- Serve as a Culinary Learning Coach developing, implementing, and executing learning & development programs for all Heart of House employees in order to drive continuous improvement and employee retention.
- Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and professional growth.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of
the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATION
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant
- Possess all local food management and safety certifications.
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to theirteam.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude forfood.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to
communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations
to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required
- Ability to move throughout the cafe (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for
extended periods oftime.
- Ability to sit for extended periods oftime.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance,
carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.