Hardware Design Engineer (Instrument Cluster / HUD)
Reviews and understands customer requirements, specifications and manufacturing constraints in order to create comprehensive engineering product design detail, specifications, drawings and related engineering changes.
• Electronic design engineer responsible for defining electronic hardware for the automotive industry
• Analyze and adhere to internal and external specifications, requirements, regulations and industry standards
• Perform detail analog and digital circuit design utilizing CAD software, create drawings and confirm design
• Conduct worst case analysis and design FMEA to assess the hardware functionality and continuously improve it (utilize Mathcad and PSPICE simulation tools to confirm design)
• Prepare and release the schematic design and other relevant drawings to meet customer requirements
• Develop product DFMEA and/or DFBFM and other engineering specific information
• Conduct feasibility studies regarding new electronic components
• Create product testing requirements, analyze the results and improve the design
• Work with PCB designers to optimize layout to meet internal and external electrical and EMC requirements
• Work with manufacturing plant to develop comprehensive test plan
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• 2 years of automotive-related engineering experience preferred.