We live in a time in which you have a choice – a choice where to work, where to apply your talents and ideas, where to grow and look for self-fulfillment. We, the members of our team, have made our choice. We are here. We are software, hardware and electrical engineers, computer scientists, cryptographers, system analysts and security architects who share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to National security. We pursue innovative, high-impact, practical research in small, focused teams. We succeed by participating in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping and field-testing, and ultimately transfer of our technology to DoD and Intelligence Community users, sponsors, and Industry. We are having fun.
We are looking for a high-quality, energetic hardware / embedded systems engineer, experienced in FPGA, VHDL, C, and board design, to join our team to turn futuristic R&D ideas into practical solutions to important problems. If you are a person that fits the bill, and you like to work on things that truly matter, apply to this requisition to learn more.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful applicant will play a key support role in creating and transitioning advanced HW/embedded systems technology for ensuring the security of mission-critical systems, such as drones, ground robots, and satellites. Our R&D activities in this area focus on implementing foundational technologies, security subsystems, and test-beds for such mission-critical systems, including encryptors for secure communication and storage, and secure processors.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience, or 15 years minimum experience.
• Digital system design
• Xilinx FPGA tool flow from RTL design through synthesis, place-and-route and FPGA bring-up, utilizing modern processes and tools for mixed RTL/embedded processor designs
• Embedded systems development in VHDL and C
• Experience developing systems running directly on the processor or microcontroller (i.e., bare metal)
• Experience configuring and deploying embedded Linux
• Ability to read and understand component datasheets and electronic schematics
• Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements
• Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations
• Requirements analysis, trade-space analysis, and system engineering
• Knowledge of secure system development or interest and willingness to learn
• Experience with engineering, manufacturing, board building in production environments
• Hardware and software testing
• Government requirements, documentation, and accreditation of DoD systems
• Ideal candidates would have an active clearance and have industry experience developing security related systems; this experience is not required but would be highly valued.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Infrequent, approximately once every 6-12 months for a period of 1-2 days
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans