- Lead the Electronics hardware Engineering Team at LGCPI in the development of the electronic hardware for the battery management system (BMS) for Li-ion battery packs for use in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV), Plug-in HEV (PHEV), and pure Electric Vehicles (EV).
- Develop re-usable, BMS hardware engineering specifications and designs for use by BMS software, battery pack and cell development teams in developing battery systems for specific customers/applications.
- Manage the development plan for BMS hardware for different projects including workplan development, workplan execution, issues list management, gate review support.
- Manage the incorporation of ISO26262 into the development of the BMS hardware.
- Develop BMS Electrical/Electronic architectures consistent with motor controller, charger system and vehicle system operational requirements, battery cell characteristics, State-of-Charge and State-of Health maintenance, and diagnostics and fault handling.
Duties: Job Tasks/Responsibilities
- Manage program specific requirements including identification, communication, traceability and compliance.
- Work with the software, validation, mechanical, thermal, quality and manufacturing teams to develop BMS hardware for different programs.
- Work with customers to obtain requirements, review designs, present status and deliverables.
- Follow quality disciplines for requirements capture, design documentation, FMEA and test plan creation, execution and test results documentation.
- Develop deep and broad base of intellectual property to maintain LGCPI and LGC leadership in BMS electronic hardware design and manufacturing.
- Plan and implement CAD/CAE Tools for efficient and reusable designs (e.g., Schematic capture, requirements capture, circuit board layout, EMI/EMC prediction).
- Develop Core Competencies at CPI for E/E Simulation, Analyses and Validation, including Component and System response to external E/E inputs (e.g., analog, digital, and network), both intended and unintended) , Worst Case Circuit Analyses, and Hardware-in-the Loop development
- Develop cost-effective, state of the art circuit designs , including ASIC applications and benchmarking of BMS circuitry
Qualifications: Required Experience / Education
- Minimum 10 years experience leading core design teams for electronic hardware.
- Minimum 5 years program/project management experience with motor vehicle programs (automotive, heavy truck). HEV, EV experience is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years applications engineering experience in electrical/electronic products with embedded software. Experience in automotive networks (e.g., CAN) and systems integration is desirable.
- Experience with high power circuits, e.g., interfacing to inverter circuits or using FET's and IGBT's for PWM is desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering with Electrical/Electronics background.
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, DFA, DFM, DVP&R, Six-Sigma, APQP, 8D)
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- EEO Principles ONLY